People of greater Chittagong (i.e. Chittagong, Cox’sBazar, Rangamati, Khagrachari & Bandarban district) used to cherish a dream for long to have an Education Board in Chittagong to mitigate their sufferings and get rid of the harassment, trouble and expense which they used to face when they were to go to the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Comilla to solve their different problems. This was very troublesome, expensive & time consuming. It was quite unnatural that there was no education board in Chittagong. Chittagong which is the main port city of Bangladesh and the hub of commercial and industrial activities of the nation. The â€˜Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE)â€™, Chittagong started its operation in 1995 as a result of a strong movement in 1994 for it. It is an autonomous and self-regulating organization in the field of educational administration and management in Bangladesh. Since its inception, the BISE, Chittagong has been performing its activities although it faced so many difficulties. The major problem is lack of its own administrative complex, which accommodates all modern amenities. Still it runs inÂ private rented house, which is not viable economically and socially. So, considering the growing demand for both qualitative and quantitative education in country, the BISE, Chittagong has been trying to develop it as a centre of excellence in the field of educational administration. To achieve this goal it was an unavoidable necessity to have its own premise and own administrative building. The onward March of the board made it possible for it. It is a matter of hope that BISE, Chittagong bought a land measuring 3.48 acres from Bangladesh Railway with two (2) Crore Taka provided from its own fund. At present the construction works of BISE, Chittagong Administration Complex and Residential Buildings for the officers and staff of the board are going on rapidly.
Once the project is completed the following facilities will be available -
- Saving public money (Tk). more than one lakh per month.
- Provide a complex containing all physical facilities for officers, employees and all those concerned with the board.
- Carrying on the education policy of the govt. more effectively.
- Working on accreditation of non-govt. secondary and higher secondary education.
- Providing banking and post office facilities at its own premises.
- Link ICT network.
- Preserving the topmost important document related to examinations more safely.
- Arranging workshop, seminars and meeting on problems and issues of educational development at its own building.
- Providing dormitory facilities for Moderators, Examiners, Head Examiners and other guests of the govt. and non-govt. organization.